Borage Seed oil and Black Currant Seed are potent sources of the omega-6 fatty acid GLA, which have shown to decrease inflammation and benefit dry skin and acne, and may be beneficial for psoriasis and eczema.
The Gamma Oryzanol in Rice Bran oil contains a mixture of sterols and ferulic acids is complex of Ferulic Acid Esters extracted from rice bran oil. Ferulic Acid is a potent antioxidant, protecting skin from UVB damage. Recent studies suggest Ferulic Acid also has the ability to slow the progress of melanin pigmentation. Rice bran oil is unique in that it contains different kinds of vitamin B and vitamin E, making it a more complex and ingredient for skin then other botanical oils.
Ingredients & Benefits:
Rice Bran Oil (Non-GMO), Borage Seed Oil, Black Currant Seed Oil, Neem Leaf (Certified Organic), Comfrey Leaf (Certified Organic), Hibiscus flowers (Certified Organic), Calendula (Certified Organic), Rose damascena (Certified Organic).
Free of petrochemicals, sulfates, synthetic dyes, Triethanolamine, other harmful ingredients and synthetic fragrance free.
* Neem Leaf (Certified Organic) is used in Ayurvedic medicine for its many healing properties, due in part to its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, astringent and anti-viral properties. With its many properties, this herb has multiple points of efficacy in treating acne. Neem also contains Quercetin, a compound that aids the body's response to inflammation, which helps soothe painful and irritated blemishes. With high concentrations of antioxidants, known to be 100 times more potent than broccoli or blueberries, Neem may protect skin from environmental damage.
* Borage Seed Oil has the highest concentration of gamma linolenic acid (GLA) naturally. The GLA is actually higher than in any other plant source. GLA is an Omega-6 fatty acid, an essential fatty acid (EFA's). Omega-6 fatty acids cannot be produced in our bodies, and must be obtained from food through plant sources. EFA's are necessary for the health of hair, skin and bone growth, and reduce inflammation, and alleviate pain, swelling, and joint stiffness associated with rheumatoid arthritis. This oil has shown positive results for skin disorders, such as dry skin, acne, and prematurely aged skin.
* Calendula (Certified Organic) is soothing, moisturizing, & protecting, rich in carotene and saponins, and is excellent for damaged and aging skin. Renowned for its ability to heal skin, and helpful for slow healing wounds, eczema, and psoriasis and is said to be beneficial for varicose veins. Calendula has natural anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, vulnerary (aiding healing of wounds) properties. It is also known to be helpful for those suffering a compromised immune system. Studies have shown Calendula has potential ability to prevent skin damage caused during radiation therapy for breast cancer.
* Hibiscus Flowers moisturize and are a natural source of alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA's) and are not damaging like chemical forms of AHA can be. Hibiscus flowers have antioxidants, with anti-inflammatory and astringent properties, and help to inflamed skin and sooth skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
* Rice Bran Oil (Non-GMO) is a balanced Oleic (Omega 9) and Linoleic (Omega 6) oil with Linolenic (Omega 3 AHA's) and unlike most oils, Rice bran oil contains high amounts of both tocopherol and tocotrienol vitamin E, and high amounts of the antioxidant Gamma-oryzanol. Easily absorbed into the skin Gamma-oryzanol is said to stimulate blood circulation under the skin and may impede the progress of melanin pigmentation protecting the skin from sun damage that can cause freckles and premature aging. Centuries old tradition in Japan, women use Rice Bran oil on their face to keep their skin smooth.
* Black Currant Seed Oil is a potent source of the omega-6 fatty acid GLA (avg 14% GLA), and is full of antioxidants, vitamins C and E, and is beneficial for skin health. This oil is ideal for wounds, inflammatory skin conditions, eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
* Rose damascena (Certified Organic) is wonderful for all skin types, emollient, antiseptic and astringent, with, calming and soothing properties. An excellent herb for problem skin.
* Comfrey Leaf (Certified Organic) has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 2000 years. Contains mucilage, tannins, saponins, and allantoin, and shown to stimulate cellular turnover and tissue regeneration. Unlike the oil of Neem, when infused the leaves do not have the strong and unpleasant odor. The allantoin in Comfrey encourages the rapid growth of new cells.
Wonderful penetration and absorption ability due to the natural components of the ingredients.
Young and aging skin, normal to dry skin, oily skin, chronic dry skin, dermatitis, dry cracked skin, acne, psoriasis, eczema, Ichthyosis, rashes, and other skin conditions. Excellent for dry hair.
18 months from purchase. Keep from heat and light. Both are damaging to oils. Can be refrigerated during the hot summer months to extend the shelf life.
Directions for use:
Apply a thin layer to skin and gently massage in. Safe for use around eyes. An excellent daytime and nighttime moisturizing treatment.
For hair, apply a few drops to wet hair and gently massage in and style as usual. Maybe applied at night, covering hair with a towel and if needed, rinse or wash out upon awakening.
The topical application of comfrey in conjunction with the acne product Tretinoin (retinoic acid, vitamin A acid), should be avoided. Please seek the advise of your physician or dermatologist before using with Tretinoin.
The 1oz and 2oz size ship in one amber glass bottle with treatment pump, and the 4oz size ships in two 2oz amber glass bottles.